What can I do to get my 1yr old to stop playing with toilet paper?

My 1yr old daughter is obsessed with toilet paper. She loves to touch, feel, snuggle, and tear it to shreds. My 2 yr old helps her get ahold of it. They are partners in crime. I'm cleaning it up every 15 min. We go through so much of it bc of this. Please help!

mumummum

Asked by mumummum at 4:48 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Keep the door shut. If your 2yo can still get in, put up a baby gate. Good luck
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 4:50 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• i guess just put it somewhere where they can reach
    Anonymous

• That would be the only option keep it out of reach and try to keep the door closed. Mine is like this too and I keep the door closed.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 4:51 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I guess I'd focus first on your 2 year-old's role in it and use whatever works to correct his/her behavior. If it were just the one year-old, most things like that I found easier just to move out of their reach until they're old enough to be reasoned with. So you could try that, too. It's not a forever solution, but as I'm sure you know with a 2 year-old, you can eventually trust them to some extent to observe your rules. I am finally able to put drinks on the coffee table again with a 22 month old.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 4:52 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• your 1 year old is just learning the laws of physics, that's why toddlers throw & un ravel toilet paper...it's cool...they want to see what will happen. They are just SO curious how everything works. I guess put it up, but i bet once he's figured out how it works...he/she will move onto something else.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:54 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Babies..kittens and toilet paper :).

Just put it up out of reach, no point in cleaning every few minutes when putting up will solve the issue.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 5:12 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Keep it out of her reach.
    My babies have always been really fond of Kleenex.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 5:23 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• keep it out of reach. nail on wall, baby proofed cabinet, etc.
    Anonymous

• I don't let my little one in the bathroom. LOL I have a gate up so he can't get in there. He grabs it everytime.
    lincsmom74

Answer by lincsmom74 at 9:19 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I didn't put it on the roll when they were in that stage. Just keep it out of reach. They will outgrow this and soon move on to something else.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:20 PM on Mar. 31, 2009