Should he be touring ND?

Another question got me thinking......Shouldn't Obama personaly visit ND? I mean when Bush didn't visit Katrina in x number of days he was crucified. The article I found from the AP

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hJNQ6dMsfHk6pUHG6Y8C34S9F8PQD9758EB84

is from 5 days ago and says..

The White House says President Barack Obama is keeping a watchful eye on the flood threat in North Dakota.
&
Obama assured the lawmakers that he will act quickly on any requests for assistance.

Wasn't Bush's WHOLE point he had to wait to be ASKED for assistance and LA gov didn't ask? Why is Obama getting a pass on this and SHOULD he?

And don't tell me about the economy, he had time to go chat with Leno!

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 4:53 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Maybe he would if he wasn't on his way to the G20 Summit today.tomorrow.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/financetopics/g20-summit/5077843/G20-summit-Barack-Obamas-UK-visit-planned-in-minute-detail.html
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 4:58 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• The article was from FIVE days ago. And how long have they been inthis mess...a week at least!
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 5:00 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• "The White House says President Barack Obama is keeping a watchful eye on the flood threat in North Dakota."

AKA, turning on Channel 14 news.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, seems to have been a few days. You link said he's keeping an eye on things and declared an emergency for them..I'd like to think had he not had this huge summit coming up he'd pay a visit..I don't know.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 5:02 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Well, to me the key difference is in what you say right in your question: Bush was not visiting AFTER the devastation of Katrina, this is the threat of a flood. You can't expect him to be on site for every potential weather event. If it floods (or has already, I haven't watched the news recently, so I don't know what's going on) that is a totally different situation. But there is a big difference between a disaster that has occurred and the threat of one, and you can't demand the same treatment for two different situations.
    Anonymous

• Yeah,but there'd be few photo ops there,or a teleprompter handy,so don't hold your breath.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 5:04 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• The man is passing bills hand over fist without giving people a chance to READ them. He is overturning legislation as quick as he can. He is portraying him self as an excellent multi tasker....why not multi task over that way!? Do you think he is getting a better deal from the media on this one?

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 5:07 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• It's No. Dak. they didn't vote for Obamessiah, so they don't count.
    Anonymous

• Bush and Obama aren't held to the same standards.

Yes, he should've made time for the good people of ND. But he should've done a lot of things, and it doesn't seem to matter to a good number of people. . .
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 5:12 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Seems he didn't do much about the ice storms in the Kentucky either! Obama doesn't seem to like the cold weather...he's Kenyan/Hawaiian...surprised he stayed in Chicago as long as he did...must have been something in it for him to go/stay there. ::wink:: LOL

On sadder news, did you hear how Obama blames "Global Warming" for the ND floods? He doesn't realize that the Red River flows SOUTH to NORTH...so the ice dams are being formed by water hitting the cold/arctic weather and freezing--not the other way around. It's obvious he has NO CLUE what Global Warming is, yet he buys into it! LOL

He was also aware of this issue more than a WEEK ago! He COULD have surveyed the problem/damage AND attend the G20 summit all in due time...that's our president...Mr. Multi-tasker! (sarcasm)

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:12 PM on Mar. 30, 2009