Heaven and Hell???

I work at a nursing home, and i was sitting there listening to a couple elderly ladies talking about heaven and hell and god.. etc. I was just wondering how many people believe in heaven and hell? And if you believe in heaven what would it be like? Would the deceased just sleep forever or what not. ? I believe in god but i'm kinda skeptical about heaven and hell..... Thanks for those who really answer to help!

DanielleStover1

Asked by DanielleStover1 at 5:03 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I dont believe in heaven or hell.
    I believe there is a place where we wait to be reborn(we call it the Meadows) and if we are done being reborn, because we've learned all we needed to, then our energy joins the divine.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 5:11 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• My view is the same as BonesDragonDew...
    I do not believe in Heaven or Hell either...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 5:15 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I belive in both. I believe in God and His word (the Bible) and what He tells us in it.
    Heaven is eternal life in God's presence- void of sadness and pain- full of beauty.
    Hell is eternal life in pain, darkness, sadness, totally sperate from the Presence gf God.

Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 5:25 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I believe in heaven or the other side but not hell.

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 5:30 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I believe in Heaven and the "Hell" to come. In Heaven there will be no sadness, tears, or grief. We will spend eternity in God's presence and enjoying all He has created anew. "Hell" is not a place of eternal torment---my loving, merciful Savior won't torture those He loves forever. He will destroy sin and all that it has touched. The fires will serve as a cleansing agent, and they will go out.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 5:58 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I don't believe in either.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:58 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I'm atheist so I don't believe in heaven, hell, or God.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:44 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Hell is not an actual place but a state of mind. Heaven or The Other Side is where we all go when our physical time here is done. It is a mirror image of our own beloved planet without the polution, the waste, the cruelty, etc, as it was at beginning of creation. It is all-loving and all-perfect. We continue our learning and experiencing in the loving presence of Mother and Father GOD, our angels, spirit guides, loved ones, etc. Or we prepare for another life in the physical realm.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 8:39 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Hell (the Lake of Fire) is never described as being temporary. Instead, the eternal nature of hell is constantly stressed throughout Scripture: "And they will go out and look upon the dead bodies of those who rebelled against me; their worm will not die, nor will their fire be quenched, and they will be loathsome to all mankind." (Isaiah 66:24) "His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor, gathering his wheat into the barn and burning up the chaff with unquenchable fire." (Matthew 3:12) If your hand or your foot causes you to sin cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire." (Matthew 18:8) "Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)
    Please repent and believe in the Son of God!
    lilhoney

Answer by lilhoney at 8:43 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• yes I believe in heaven and hell.. hell is a dark place with fire and heaven is where there is no more pain and so pretty we cant even think of how great it will be...

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 8:46 PM on Mar. 30, 2009