how do i get black mold out of grout**(sp?) in bath room..

help!

staceybelly9

Asked by staceybelly9 at 5:15 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Spray Clorox clean-up liberally to the area. Do not rinse or wipe clean. Repeat daily until the problem is gone.
    imacafemom

Answer by imacafemom at 5:22 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I would personally try a STEAM VAC....
    racingmomma

Answer by racingmomma at 5:25 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• CLORAX does not KILL MOLD/MILDEW
    racingmomma

Answer by racingmomma at 5:26 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• You can use a bleach gel pen to kill it and scrub it out with a tooth brush. You can also get a steam cleaner for it.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 5:44 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I had the same problem! Use a steamer and GROUT cleaner. It worked on mine... And mine I swear had never been cleaned before we moved in!
    moma_nina

Answer by moma_nina at 6:27 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Bleach, bleach and more bleach!
    Bleach kills everything so it would be perfect for mold. I use it to clean the outside of our house when we get this green type algae stuff on it, and it literally just takes it off, but it doesn't take off the paint. It's awesomeeeee. :D
    LillianG

Answer by LillianG at 4:27 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• If this is really black mold you need to have a specialist come out. Black mold is very toxic. Bleach is good for other molds, just be careful.
    erika.lyn

Answer by erika.lyn at 3:44 PM on Apr. 4, 2009