How can I say . . .

My DH set a meeting with our bishop behind my back and told me about it the day we were supposed to meet him. While conversing my DH decided that he needed to ask the Bishop if he could recommend a marriage counsler. WOW! I have been trying to get him to see someone for like six months and he keeps telling me that i am crazy to think there is something worn them all of a sudden Bam! What do I say to him?

mandic

Asked by mandic at 5:22 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• So you're upset that he is finally doing something you asked him to do? I don't really understand the problem here.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 5:24 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• um he is kinda in a way telling you that you were right that you needed counceling!! Men are like that sometimes when its out idea its horrible you have to learn to turn it around and make it seem like thier idea and BAM you get what you want and they feel sooooo smart and walla!! your both happy!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 5:27 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• "Thank you for agreeing that marriage counseling would be good for us. I wish you had told me beforehand that you agreed, but I still appreciate that you listened to me." :)
    Katze

Answer by Katze at 5:28 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I am not mad that he is NOW addmiting that we need some outside help. But i only wonder why he couldn't figure this out before he felt the need to be with someone else.
    mandic

Answer by mandic at 5:29 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• This is something you should probably discuss with your husband and the Bishop, or the counselor. Is he sending you to LDS social services? They can be a big help. I hope you guys can work through this.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 5:45 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I wouldn't remark on this change in attitude at all. Just go with the flow.

Answer by Bmat at 5:47 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I'm with the "go with the flow"..... Why question, just be glad he has agreed to go.
    fawn321

Answer by fawn321 at 11:56 PM on Mar. 30, 2009