how long do u think it should take my baby born at 25 weeks to come home?

bayleybilliot

Asked by bayleybilliot at 5:29 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It depends on the health problems your baby is having since birth. In some cases, it's only a couple months and in some cases, it's much longer. I would talk to the doctor about it. They should give you an estimate.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 5:31 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• im so sorry!!! how is she doing!
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 5:34 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Also, if the baby is doing really well, usually, they go home when they hit "normal" birth weight. So when your baby gets close to 7 or 8 pounds maybe. It depends on the baby and the doctor. They typically like the baby to be at a weight they would have been if they had gone to 40 weeks.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 5:35 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• here is a really good support group for parents of Preemies... I looked it up for you!!
    God Bless your little Miracle baby!!
    Good Luck

http://www.inspire.com/groups/preemie/discussion/25-weeks-to-early/
    Moma_bear

Answer by Moma_bear at 5:47 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• When my son was in the nicu they kept telling us that a good date to plan on was by his due date. He was only five weeks early and came home in 18 days. There was another baby there who was ten weeks early. He had been there five weeks already when my son was born. When we were leaving the hospital he had just reached the weight where they would give him a bottle. The mom was told at least 5 more weeks, which would have been his due date. My son didn't have to hit "normal" birth weight to come home. I don't really know of any preemies that did when we were in the nicu. They were all pretty much around 5 lbs or a little more.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 5:49 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• they usually keep a baby in the hospital until the due date. there is a reason babys are suppose to "bake" until 40 weeks. im sorry for your situation! keep your head up mommy!
    softbalchic2004

Answer by softbalchic2004 at 11:23 PM on Mar. 30, 2009