Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What should I do?

I have no high risk factors and my due date is April 5th, my OB said he wants to schedule me for a induction on April this normal procedure? Of course I will ask at my next appointment (I get to go get a 2nd opinion from a different OB) just wondering what experienced moms thought.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 5:42 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

Answers (3)
  • I would get a 2nd opinion. My dr would wait a week at least after the dd before even thinking about induction.

    Answer by avpriddis at 5:43 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

  • My doctor is making me wait a week..I was due March 26th and he's inducing me on April 2nd...Every doctor has a different policy for different reasons though. My doctor wont wait more than a week because he doesn't like to risk the amniotic fluid getting contaminated with meconium. Maybe your doctor feels the same way. I would ask though.

    Answer by imamommmmyyy at 6:00 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

  • They can NOT make you induce! Gah. You have no risk factors and you are NOT overdue until 42 weeks. I would rethink any OB if he automatically induces for ZERO reason.

    There are no increased risks until after 42 weeks, that is completely normal! A pregnancy lasts anywhere from 37-42 weeks... no reason to induce before the 42 week mark, or after if your pregnancy is still healthy.

    I would seriously get a new doctor!

    Answer by celticreverie at 6:17 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Pregnancy
Braxton Hicks?

Next question overall (Toddlers (1-2))
not eating well