will my baby be closer to my mom?

I am a full time work mom and my 5 month old stays at home with my mom. will he grow closer to her instead of me?

MOMMY_LA

Asked by MOMMY_LA at 5:46 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• they will be close which isnt a bad thing...but they know who mommy is. be glad its not a daycare worker you have to worry about. its grandma!!
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 5:54 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• He will always know who his mommy is. ; ]
    but you will get your feelings hurt alot, my daughter went through the stage of where she would completely ignore me and listen to anything my mom said, it dorve me nuts!!
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 6:00 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• drove**
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 6:01 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• You may find that your child wants to spend time with grandma and acts closer in some ways. But typically, you'll see baby coming to you for the *important* things like kissing a boo boo, etc. At the end of the day, there will always be a bond with you that won't be broken just because of time.
    Anonymous

• I worry about this as well... We live with my mom. Im a SAHM DH & my mom work. . So i get to stay home keep the house clean, do the majority of discipline, ect.... When mom gets home tshe gets to play & enjoy her... While I have to be a "mother" ..... Sometimes if my mom gets her a snack or something my mom said she seems to call her momma-nanny & that bugged the crap out of me!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 6:52 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I was a full time nanny before my DD was born and I know from the caretaker's side that the child ALWAYS knows their mommy! You want your child to be able to form bonds with others, so it is a good thing. But like another poster said, your feelings may get hurt if he doesn't want to go to you at times. Just know he's not doing it to hurt you :)
    mkemom519

Answer by mkemom519 at 7:00 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Well im at stay at home mom and im with him all day but when my mom is home most of the times she is the only one who can calm him down. But your baby will always know that you are his mom and she is grandma...
    yashira0124

Answer by yashira0124 at 7:04 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• my son stays with my boyfriends dad while i work full time... grandpa LOVES watching him and he LOVES his grandpa but when i walk in the door to pick him up.. its all about mommy! i wouldnt worry about it. your baby wants you and will always love you more.. the only problems i have come across so far at 9 months old is that i want every type of drink other then formula in a sippy cup and sometime i get there and they have juice or water in a bottle. but you have to pick your battles.. they are getting better about that though.
    softbalchic2004

Answer by softbalchic2004 at 11:21 PM on Mar. 30, 2009