twins?

So I'm getting close to 3 and a half months and twins are pretty common in my family and I was just wondering if it's possible to have an ultrasound and still not know you are having twins? I'm getting pretty big now, quite a bit bigger than I would have expected, especially now. Anyway, regardless, I just wanna know if it's possible to not know cuz I have had two ultrasounds and they haven't seen anything but my aunt had a similar experience and did'nt know she was having twins until 5 months...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:52 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My girlfriend didn't know she was carrying twins until her 20 week ultrasound!
    gaamom

Answer by gaamom at 6:49 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• usually they cant tell if your having twins till your second trimester which is around your 20 week untlrasound as long with you find out what your having by this ultrasound to.
    2009mommytobe

Answer by 2009mommytobe at 7:21 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• my friends fiances sisters are twins and their mom didnt know till birth lol- the doc delivered one then next thing u know theres another baby coming- also my sisters bf's mom had a set of twins that she didnt know about until she was in her 3rd trimester
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 7:22 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• lol, sorry gaamom, but I read your post and I was like... is she gay? or is it a guy? and I was reading your name... like as a name and pronouncing jah-mon and then I finally got it. like the name btw, just laughing at myself for apparently little things cause brain overload these days.
    But, yes it's possible. My in-law who's a chiropractor is convinced I have twins even though my ultrasounds at this point still show one little being. And I'm still before 20 weeks..
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 9:12 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I found out I was pregnant with twins at 7 weeks. They would know by now because they would see either 2 sacs 2 placentas or 2 babies.
    twinmommy2009

Answer by twinmommy2009 at 4:52 AM on Mar. 31, 2009