If you live in the Martinsburg WV area how are families of mixed race treated?

I have friends that live there and love it and we want to move there but I have friends where I live now saying we shouldn't move there because I'm black, hubbys white and we have 3 children togehter. When people think WV they automatically think of racism but martinsburg is only a couple hours away so I'm wondering how bad could it really be? Anyone who lives there or nearby please give me your honest answer.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:59 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• hmm, I hope not. There is racism everywhere, though, you cannot run from it. Everywhere you go there will be people who do not believe in interracial relationships. What do your friends have to say about this allegation? Could be possible your fam/friends where you are now doesn't wanna see yall go :-)
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 6:27 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• i live in martinsburg. havent noticed any race problems here. infact, there are a lot of black people here (we're only an hour from DC) so if someone is racist then they probably shouldnt be living here LOL.
    USAF.Wife

Answer by USAF.Wife at 3:23 PM on Oct. 4, 2009