how can u tell when ur water breaks?

im having my first child and all of this is new to me :)

mom_2_be09

Asked by mom_2_be09 at 5:59 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If it isn't an obvious gush, then when it breaks it will just keep on slowly running. You will be very "wet" rather quickly.
    My water never broke, I was induced both times, but this is what happened even with induction and this is how my friends have described it! Good luck
    Don't worry, you'll know!
    Anonymous

• one word- splash. . .

If it doesn't go-sploosh, but you are leaking like a faucet, lay down. The gush will increase, and decrease when you stand up. The baby's head acts as a cork in some cases.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 6:19 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• You may or may not feel a pop and then you may experience a slash or a small trickling.

Some women describe it as feeling like they are peeing on themselves but they can't stop it.
    Anonymous

• Mine wasnt a big splash, my water bag ruptured and it was gradual.
    It would soak through a pad within 5 min it happned non stop for hours. I went in 3 hours after it started and I was only dilated 2 cm. They had to enduce me. From the 1st drippage to delivery it was 19 hours.

They say if its is just wetness and doesnt soak through some toilet paper it is ok. But if you soak through a pad it is probably amniotic fluid and you should get checked. Sometimes women do just lose control of their bowels though.....

You'll know.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 7:27 PM on Mar. 30, 2009