I found that my husband is on dating web sites and chats online all the time. I feel gulity for envading his laptop computer. How can I confront him about the online cheating even though I was wrong to go through his laptop.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:10 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• Wow- so it definitely caught you off guard..

I would confront him, but dont come at him nagging, yelling, hitting, whatever.. it doesnt help the situation (trust me, I know from experience). Try to just talk it out with him and get down to the bottom of his intentions on doing these things. Is he unhappy? Uninterested? If youre wanting to try and fix this and make this work, try to see what it is that he wants from you. Im sorry youre going through this.. Im not a relationship expert, but I do know that if you want to make this work, yelling at him wont help. Just be calm and try to figure things out. I wish you the best!
    Anonymous

• OH geez.. thats tough! Hows your relationship as far as you knew before finding out about the online sites? Was it already rocky or was he acting like everything was fine and dandy?
    Anonymous

• Invading his privacy would be the least of my concerns. I would be more worried about the fact that he is trying to get into someone else's pants.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 6:15 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Well we recently got married this past Valentine's Day. I've known him for 3 yrs. He is a wonderful man. We both work full time jobs, we both cook, clean and have a wonderful sex life. I used his laptop and when I turned it on the instant messenger came on and I saw a very graphic conversation with a women who is also married. His in box on his email was opened with various emails from a dating web site. I checked the web site and sure enough it was his profile that he just opened last Tuesday. I don't know how to handle this. It is very disturbing.
    Anonymous

• He left it up on his computer, you got on his computer & seen the evidence right in front of you & went from there....... I think you should just confront him about ... It would be a bit diffrent if you hacked into his computer (lol), and searched every inch of his files sure... but IT WAS RIGHT THERE!!!!
    If I wash my DH jeans & find a hot letter from another woman, thats not snooping! Thats his stupidity!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 6:30 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• CONFRONT HIM about it
    Anonymous

• I really wanted to take the high road and confront him in a really cool way without getting so angry. I really have some clever and evil thoughts like confronting him after serving him a him a hott meal laced with ex-lax. LOL I will pray about it ...
    Anonymous

• LOL @ exlax

So you are saying you want to leave him?
    Anonymous

• I don't want to leave but I don't want someone who is not treating me right...or if he cannot be faithful. It really was a great relationship at least from my view..but I guess we don't see things in the same light. I will talk to him this evening after I say a prayer of course. I shall leave updates Tuesday evening.
    Anonymous