• In the Spotlight:

baby name stolen.. what should i do?

i know its a little early cause im only 9 weeks but i have the names that i want wether its a boy or a girl.. anyway... i found out today that this guy i liked on an off[ it was complicated] just had a little girl and named her kayla ryann.. efffff eff eff.. the name for a girl i picked out is rian nevaeh...

we have alot of the same friends still.. so i really dont know what to do.. i know that my hormones arent helping cause im crying about it... but would people judge me if i named my daughter rian? [im praying for a girl] since my "ex's" child has the same middle name?

i know this is dumb but im emotional and dead set on rian.. i've loved the name for the past 3.5 years.. any idea's? please for the love of all that is holy dont be mean.. i dont think i could handle it..

oh and i think he knew i like the name rian but im not 100% sure he knew it was "my" baby name.....

raehope

Asked by raehope at 6:11 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• That sucks;(

I guess your just going to have to find a new name! Good luck.
    Anonymous

• LOL. Pregnancy hormones are a blast aren't they?!

Name her what you want. It's not a stolen name at all. Hell, the other baby's first name is completely different then what your baby's name would be! No one should judge you at all! If they do, they weren't true friends! :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 6:14 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Its fine its not like they will have the same 1st name.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 6:14 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• yeah being preggs is not being kind to my mental state at all.. hahah..
    raehope

Answer by raehope at 6:15 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• anon? why would she need a new name?! seriously! people put way to much thought in what other's think!

My FAV name choice for a girl, at the moment is Taegen. No one really likes it, but I don't care! :) It wont matter what people think, as long as you have a name YOU like for your baby! :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 6:15 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• aww i love taegen!!! thats so cute and original.. yeah alot of my friends are being assholes about the name rian and saying she'll resent me for giving her a boys name.. effers.
    raehope

Answer by raehope at 6:17 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• celticreverie, she doesn't HAVE to find a new name, She was asking for advice and that was my ADVICE!

You know, I'm just about done with this site, because SOME of the people just don't make any sense. I thought this was the Q&A section where people came for advice. I don't know, maybe I'm the messed-up one here!

Anonymous

• LOL. She wont resent you at all! Ryan is really gender neutral, like Taylor or Darcy! :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 6:18 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Anon, no need to freak out. I was really curious as to why she would need to find a new one! You didn't elaborate at all.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 6:20 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Doesn't matter. do you pronounce it r-I-an or RE- ann?

no ones going to pair up the two and realize they are the same. They are different ages and it's kayla's second name. After the baby's like 2 months old, people stop asking what their middle name is.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 6:22 PM on Mar. 30, 2009