placement tests

I have my little brother living with me again... he will be 17 this year.... my mom was a p.o.s. and never cared about none of us... long story short, he got shafted and has practically no education...

where are some sites that i can find placement tests so i can see where he is at and what he needs help on... we are going to get him his g.e.d. and he wants to join the army.... i know he needs a lot of help and i don't know where to start

do you know any sites?

JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Asked by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 6:23 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well from what I know from my husband being an Army Recruiter, it could be very hard for him to join soon. They are trying to raise the "quality" of recruits or whatever and soon they wont be letting G.E.D.s in. It might not go through, but it is a possibility. He may be able to get a waiver if he does really well on his ASVAB test. Good luck to him. :)
    twocutetwins09

Answer by twocutetwins09 at 6:38 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Just google ged in your state or your state board of education website should tell you as well.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 6:27 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I'm not sure of any sites, but Barnes and Noble have some great books and study guides when you find out what he needs to work on.
    Anonymous

• well with my husbands "connections" i am not worried about him getting in....i just want to get his prepared for life educationly
    Anonymous

• woah... dont know how i just went anon.. there... that was me... weird
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 6:49 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Our school district has the curriculum posted on their website. That would help give you an idea what is expected, maybe...if your district has it posted?
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:25 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• You can get a GED test book at any bookstore. There are sample tests, study guides and practice questions. Contact a local technical college, they may be able to help too.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:31 PM on Mar. 30, 2009