constipation please help

my baby is 3 mo and he has had constipation for like over a month. We though it was his formula and we switched him to Gentlease Enfamil. It helped the gas but he still has very solid bowel movements. He cries and they are very hard like clay. Prune juice and karo loosen it up but what is causing the constipation?

sassy_brizzy

Asked by sassy_brizzy at 6:23 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well if the formula is milk based then its likely its going to constipate him. He could have an allergy to milk. ONly the doc can tell you that though. I had a very good friend whose daughter was allergic to milk and it constipated her VERY badly. They had to use meds to relieve it. She finally did the soy stuff and it helped tremendously. I would ask the doc for help in getting this under control. Poor guy must be very uncomfortable!..>Good luck.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 6:26 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Try warm salt water. Maybe 2 oz. to start.
    LimoMOM5

Answer by LimoMOM5 at 6:24 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Im not really sure what is causing the constipation but I give my son the same formula and the doctor said that that formula is not to help with constipation... also if the formula is milk based it might constipate him... Also give him a warm bath and that might help him.
    yashira0124

Answer by yashira0124 at 6:57 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• You;re going to need to check out other formulas.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:03 PM on Mar. 30, 2009