will getting my membranes stripped help start labor?

MiyasMommy169

Asked by MiyasMommy169 at 6:25 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Nothing will work unless your body is ready. Membrane stripping works less than half the time. So it's just painful, and not a sure way to do anything lol.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 6:28 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Only if your body is ready. It also puts you at risk for infection so I would only use it as a last resort if your in danger of being induced.

Try things like -
    -Raspberry Leaf Tea to help tone your uterus
    -Cumin Tea (1 cummin seed in 1 cup boiling water left to steep for 5 minutes. Add a cube of raw potatoe to soak of the bitterness and some honey or sugar to taste. 1 CUP PER HOUR PER DAY),
    -Acuputure (you can find the pressure points on line for labor induction)
    - Visualizing your cervix opening and your uterus contracting while having a conversation with your baby encouraging him or her to come out. Sounds crazy but it works.
    -Squatting for short periods of time
    -Having sex and letting the sperm sit on your cervix for at least 30 minutes

DO NOT USE ANY TYPE OF COHOSH OR CASTOR OIL. They are both dangerous and pose risk to you and baby. All of the other things I suggested are completely safe!
    Anonymous

• I Know it sure did for me. With my first I went in for a regular check up at 39 weeks and my docotor was concerned because i had toxemia and wanted the baby out by the end of the week if she didnt come on her own. So she did a membrane sweep that afternoon at my check up and about 5 hours later during the evening i was in full out labor and my daughter was born about 8 hrs after the intial sweep.
    So yes it worked for me.
    melissa0615

Answer by melissa0615 at 7:11 PM on Mar. 30, 2009