Will chicken wire work on my heater vents?

My son reciently found out that he can cominucate with my down stairs neighbor threw the heater vents. Being the center of all attion that he is... he decided to share his art work AND crayons threw... you guessed it... the heater vent in his room!! We recently baught him a 96 pack of crayons so you can imagine how fun that was to clean out! The front room vents had craoyns food and washers shoved down them. Three vents filled 1/4th of a shop vac!!!!
So my question is... can I put some chicken wire on the bottom part of my vents to keep this from happening again? If not does some one have a suggestion on what I can do? Please and thank you.

moma_nina

Asked by moma_nina at 6:26 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Home & Garden

• lol your poor neighbors. I hope they are nice and understanding. It's worth a shot to do the chicken wire
    Anonymous

• sure! It wouldn't hurt anything if that is what you're asking...whether or not it works is another story! lol Good luck mama!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:25 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• You might try to use hardware cloth, it is like a screen only a little bigger and not so "holey" as chicken wire.

QuiltLover

Answer by QuiltLover at 12:13 PM on Mar. 31, 2009