Is it OK to take a warm bath in the first trimester of pregnancy?

I heard it is not OK to take a bath during any trimester, let alone the first. My doctor gave me a things not to do, and that was not on there. Any ideas? My back and legs are sore from exercising the other day and wanted to take a relaxing bath. Thanks in advance.

tinalloyd

Asked by tinalloyd at 6:31 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes it's fine I took bath my whole pregnancy with every kid. Just not to hot water, and after your water break no baths for infection possibility.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:33 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• It's COMPLETEY safe as long as the water temp is lower than 102.2 degrees which is actually quite warm!

You can use a thermometer to test the water in the tub. Test the water in the tub and not the water pouring out because they will be different and the one in the tub is the one that counts.

As long as you are not getting clammy and your body temp isn't rising significantly your completely fine. I am 26 weeks pregnant and have taken warm baths 3-4 times a week with this baby. He's completely fine.

You just don't want the temperature of the amniotic fluid to rise.
    Anonymous

• Baths are fine under two circumstances. First, make sure your bath tub is very clean. You are much more prone to infections "down there" and dirty/ not thouroughly clean tubs can cause UTI's. Second, the bath water can be WARM but not hot. Other than that enjoy those baths! I know I certainly did. I never took baths until I was pregnant and now I take one every day =)
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 7:00 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Ok. The reason HOT water is not good is because, when you get hot ... your blood pressure lowers. Which causes the baby to get less oxygen.
    Just make sure its not that hott.
    And if it is.. take breaks.

They say pregnant woman arnt supposed to get in the jacuzi
    My cousin and i are both pregnant
    shes 34 weeks and im 26
    We got in the jacuzi, and every 15 minutes... we got out for 5 minutes.

You'll be ok.
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 7:01 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I just wanted to point out that while you may be more prone to UTIs from a dirty bath tub it is NOT a worry about interuterine infections because the mucus plug protections your from that.
    Anonymous

• I take baths all the time, I just make sure the waters not to hot! They help with my aches and pains. You'll be fine, ENJOY!!
    mommyin08of09

Answer by mommyin08of09 at 7:28 PM on Mar. 30, 2009