anyone who has adopted children from the system older than 3 and younger than 12 would you please send me your story. I don't care how often you e-mail me or how long your testimonies are please write me there is so much I want to know. I have 3 children from 5years to 17 months and want to foster/adopt a girl between7-12.

adoption from foster care. How the children adjusted to your home. your story about adopting an older child older than 3 younger than 12

Asked by operalover at 12:02 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Adoption

• well I am a foster parent and adoptive parent of two. first let me say this is a great thing but be prepared for somekids who they send to you as foster to adopt to go home to parents. I got my kids at 2 and 5 as foster children. I adopted them 3 years later. the younger the child is the easier the transition is. my children had an other brother and it took him I think 10 homes after ours to find the right parents for him. It is a long process but something that is really needed and heartwarming. many will say never to foster older than your youngest but I did and Had not problem now I only do older children because my adopted daughter likes being the youngest and gets jealous when we foster younger so for us middle kids work best. if you want more specific info pm me. I would be glad to share

Answer by Lyndall at 2:17 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I use this website alot. I hope it helps you too.

Answer by KayRay at 7:32 PM on Jun. 25, 2008