Fiance is mad at me. Do you agree?

Friday was my bday, so I had sum extra money. My friend who has a 2 month old and a 4 year old is really into hard times with money because her husband was just laid off. So I gave her $40 in exchange for some baby toys for my 15 month old. He is mad saying that I should have either spent that money on myself or saved it. But we ourselves are tight on money, so I know what its like and was very happy to help her out. Was I really wrong to do this?

tiffers32788

Asked by tiffers32788 at 6:38 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i dont think so, i think you are a good samaritan
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 6:39 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• No. I can understand why he's upset but in the long run it's your money and your decision on what to do with it.
    Anonymous

• I can understand wher he's coming from but for him to say to spend it on you or save it, that's hard. I rarely buy things for myself because I prefer to save or spend on the kids and hubby. I think what you did was fine. Just let your fiance know you aren't now going to spend another $40 on yourself. That you spent it on what makes you happy and essentially that is spending it on yourself.
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 6:42 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• If it was only 40 then I don't think he should be mad. If you gave her a big amount that would be something to talk about with him, but with a small amount like that, if it was extra then I don't see why you shouldn't help out a friend.
    Anonymous

• I think what you did was awesome, but at the same time I see where he's coming from if you're struggling financially yourself. I'm more inclined to take care of my family during times of hardship, than to reach out and take care of others when we're not doing so hot ourselves. I probably would have saved it if I were strapped for cash, but I can see why he feels let down that you didn't get to enjoy that money on a special splurge for yourself if you rarely get treats.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:48 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• why does he care? it is your money. Is he really and truly MAD AT YOU or did he just think you made a poor decision?
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 6:48 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• i don't think so.. i would have done the same thing... why go buy something you really don't need instead of helping out a friend?? you got good karma coming your way...lol...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 6:56 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Hey the way I see it you did spend it on your self. You just said giving her the money made you happy. So you spend on a good consious for your self. I don't think he has any reason to be mad.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:57 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• nope you were being a good friend, but I wouldn't of took her childs toys unless the child was finished with them. ♥
    three-for-now

Answer by three-for-now at 7:05 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• No. You would have bought baby toys anyway, and you helped somebody. Maybe he feels like he is going to have to get you something now.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 7:05 PM on Mar. 30, 2009