What do you do to help with extreme fatigue in early pregnancy?

I am so tired! and unmotivated to do anything...any ideas would be appreciated. I am going to bed super early and falling asleep in the middle of the day.

Asked by tinalloyd at 6:38 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Just sleep, dont fight it. I was exhausted for 2 months straight and slept like 11 hours at night and took a 3 hour nap and I was still exhausted/
    . It will pass though. Vitamins help and eat more often and healthier. GL

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 6:42 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Sleep! I slept 12-14 hours a day most of my pregnancy. If your tired your body needs the rest to take care of you and your baby. If you can't accomadate all the extra sleep try just staying active and doing your least strenuous daily activities while you are tired. I dont know if that helped at all but good luck! The second trimester gets better though, but the tiredness comes back in the third =/

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 6:43 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• There's nothing you really can do, hun. Just don't push yourself & let your body get the rest it needs. I'm on my 3rd & I feel like I've been in a coma the whole time!

Answer by gaamom at 6:47 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• thank you all so much. I feel like such a lazy girl! i am not even motivated to cook us dinner!

Answer by tinalloyd at 6:52 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Sleep as much as you can. Pregnancy can be dull sometimes, I'm sure we've all been through it and sleep is really the only way to get rid of it. I actually would go for walks most days and sleep allnight and allday. The walk helped with waking up relaxed and refreshed the next morning/ or night. lol.

Answer by CandieGirl09 at 7:33 PM on Mar. 30, 2009