Am I crazy to think I could be pregnant when its only been 17 days since my last period?

My boyfriend and I are trying to get pregnant. I first day of my last period was March 14. I know its only been a really short time, but my body is feeling very different. I have cramps in my pelvic area and my stomach/abdominal area. I have been a little bit more tired than usual, I think I have been urinating a little bit more than often and have a weird taste in my mouth, but I dont know if its just my mind playing tricks on me because I want to be pregnant. I have taken a couple at home pregnancy test, but I knew nothing would appear yet.

Trying1222

Asked by Trying1222 at 6:39 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Since you ovulate about 14 days after your first day of yoru last period then you'd be like 3 days pregnant so I'd say it's way too early and is in your head.
    Anonymous

• Sounds to me like the cramping could be you are actually getting ready to ovulate. I ovulated later than 14 days. 28 day cycles are not too common for many woman and many woman do not realize when they actually ovulate. I bought an ovulation kit, that helps but it sounds to me like you are ovulating. I felt the same way when I ovulated this time, tested positive for ovulation, and got pregnant! good luck!
    tinalloyd

Answer by tinalloyd at 6:41 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I guess I should have mentioned that the reason I got my period was because I had to take the morning after pill because him and I were not sure yet. When I normally ovulate I only get back cramps I NEVER have gotten cramps in my pelvic area or stomach.
    Trying1222

Answer by Trying1222 at 6:52 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Yes. That is way too early.
    Anonymous

• personally, i've ALWAYS known. maybe not right away, but... within the week that i concieve i know that i have.
    ourbabykins

Answer by ourbabykins at 10:58 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• IT very possible, but know it's way to early. Your body could be playing tricks on you since you want to be pregnant, I would say it's best to wait 1 week after your period is late then test.
    GOod luck!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 3:52 PM on Mar. 31, 2009