Just putting it out there...

For those who say Obama isn't doing anything good for the country....

"The Federal Government provides grants through the Title X program to states and organizations to administer family planning services, such as providing contraception, prenatal exams and screening for sexually transmitted diseases."

"On March 11, 2009, President Obama signed the Omnibus Appropriations Act of 2009 into law (Public Law No. 111-8). This bill provides an increase of $317 million for programs that help to reduce the number of abortions in America, including $312 million for the Title X Program, and $2.2 billion for community health centers, as well as other health services for family planning."

Since this includes options for Pro-choice, as well as options that many Anti-choice people support....

Does this give you a better feeling for what Pres.Obama is achieving (or will achieve?)

ozarkgirl3

Asked by ozarkgirl3 at 6:43 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• OP
    I am happy. EDUCATION is needed look at the numbers of teen pregnancies and how much they are on the rise....
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 7:28 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• My son is going to be paying this crap (and all the other crap) off into old age. How does that make anyone feel good?
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 6:47 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Margaret Sanger was a socialist.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 6:47 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Not to sound harsh, but after he turned the terrorist loose which was the most unpatrionic thing you could ever do. I don't care if he gives every one a million bucks I still hate him. I also don't like that he has been building consetration camps for US citezens It kinda makes you worry about what they are planning. Why would you need camps for you own people if you weren't up to no good.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:49 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Oh hell...he is just smoothing things over, kissing ass because his big disaster is soon to come!!!
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 6:50 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Abstinence is FREE!

How about making everyone responsible for their own actions/inactions? That would save upwards of about 3 billion dollars just from the above programs alone!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:01 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Not to sound harsh, but after he turned the terrorist loose(WHO did he turn loose? Bush hasn't been prosecuting very many of them just a FYI) which was the most unpatrionic thing you could ever do. I don't care if he gives every one a million bucks I still hate him. I also don't like that he has been building consetration camps for US citezens (Actually they are FEMA camps and they have been being built for the last 20 years, EDUCATE YOURSELF)It kinda makes you worry about what they are planning. Why would you need camps for you own people if you weren't up to no good....I think there is no hope for you

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 7:06 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I am sure my grandchildren will love paying for family planning services for todays people.....

Why do we even need "family planning"? For God's sake, if you aren't ready for one, can't support one keep your pants up and your drawers on! Societies lived for thousands of years without the need for family planning. I am quite sure todays society could make it too. Family planning starts at home with responsible adults teaching their children responsibility and accountability.

I don't support tax dollars for family planning, birth control, std's or abortion. There is a simple solution to all 4. Don't have sex unless you are prepared to live with the consequences.

There is NOTHING Obama can do at this point to salvage his presidency except resign.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 7:06 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• eye rollingMargaret Sanger was a socialist.

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 7:07 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• For one thing, the OMNIBUS bill is leftover business from Bush that never got finished to end out the year 2009 to Sept.30, 2009. This is not an Obama bill. He just had to deal with it.

This is not making me feel any better since we are spending sooooooooooooooo much money we don't even have. Makes no difference what he or any other President does or doesn;'t do about abortion. I still feel it is my responsibility and my body. Not yours and not the governments. What he should be buying is chastity belts for each female under the age of 18. Now therte's progress for ya......
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 7:09 PM on Mar. 30, 2009