Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gender prediction tests

Ya know those ones that advertise in the baby magazines?
You can buy them at walgreens?
DO they work?
How do they work?

Answer Question
 
mommyofAurora

Asked by mommyofAurora at 7:12 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 12 (840 Credits)
Answers (9)
  • They are called intelligender
    mommyofAurora

    Answer by mommyofAurora at 7:13 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

  • Intelligender is NOT accurate. It's just for fun!

    One couple actually sued the company because when their test was wrong the owner actually told them that their maybe must have changed genders in the womb!!! LOL Underly rediculous!! LOL

    Anyway it's like the drano test. Just for fun so enjoy if you want to!
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:16 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

  • Yes you can buy them at walgreens I'm not sure if they work, but I've been told they do. They are spose to go off some hormone in the urine. Docs don't use them from what I'm told due to factors that change results. Like having sex, things you eat, and dehydration. Good luck.
    hot-mama86

    Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:16 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

  • I'm not sure if they work or not.
    I'd imagine they do because they seem pretty pricey.

    We were going to get one just to test it out.
    (My doctor suspects mine to be a girl and we wanted to see what it would say)

    You could always try! :)
    mommyin08of09

    Answer by mommyin08of09 at 7:17 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

  • I have no idea if those work or not. that would be nice if they did work. Let me know if possible through a message!!! I would like to try it out either way, just for fun, but i wanna know if i should believe it or not, or just laugh =]
    mommykayti

    Answer by mommykayti at 8:07 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

  • You can look at a bunch of testimonials at intelligender.com. I ordered one of the tests and it should be here by the 3rd! Apparently they are about 80% accurate in determining the sex of your baby, but the remaining 20% means that there is a good chance it will be wrong as well. I ordered mine through amazon.com and got it for just under $30 (it's $35 through the intelligender site). I have heard both that it's a variation of the "drano test" but safer because you aren't exposed to any of the fumes. I have also heard that they work by measuring the PH of your urine. I got some PH strips from my son (from hobby lobby for about $3) and those all say I am having a girl so I am anxious to see what the intelligender test says. With only 80% accuracy I won't be running out to buy all pink or blue though, I consider it more of an educated guess...
    kitten_shuga

    Answer by kitten_shuga at 8:16 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

  • Oh yeah, there are also some gender prediction tests out there where you have to send them off to a lab and they charge between $100 and $300 to process so make sure you read what you are getting so you don't waste your money on a guess.
    kitten_shuga

    Answer by kitten_shuga at 8:19 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

  • I used a chinese gender test., just a couple questions online and it perdict that I'll be having a boy. and ultrasound says that I'm having a boy. Maybe it just happenend that way
    missmack084

    Answer by missmack084 at 3:57 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

  • I took it and it was wrong twice! It said boy both times and US shows us a girl!
    chesswoman

    Answer by chesswoman at 3:01 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN