ENGLISH101

how did you pass this dumb class.

i hate it. i seriously do. i only have 3 weeks left. but i am so close to just giving up.

I hate writting papers. this one is even worse.

CAN anyone boost me up a little please??? nothing i do is helping me with wanting to pass this stupid class. I know I need the credit, but I am so tempted to just say screw it. . . .blllllaaaahhhhhhh

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:18 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Interesting that an English paper is in APA style. We had to use MLA for English and I had to switch to APA for my science and statistics papers.

Fifteen hundred words isn't really that large a paper. Just sit down and start writing. Once you have the paper written and are proofreading, that is when I would edit to make sure it's in the proper style and fix the parenthetical citations.

If you can, have someone else proofread your paper. A second set of eyes is going to catch things you might have missed!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:42 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Is it grammar or are you writing on books you've read? Tell us more. English is so important, don't give up.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:21 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I tutor English for my college. If you're struggling, hit me up.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:21 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I know exactly how you feel! I felt the exact same way with history. I just told myself that it was only a few months of it and it will make my life much easier once I get that degree in my hand. And remember why you're doing this. When you start to feel bogged down, take a few minutest o day-dream about what your life is gonna be like once you finish school. Good luck!
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 7:21 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Are you able to chose your own topic? If so, make sure it's a topic which interests you. That makes it much easier to write.

Seek out the English Lab on campus for some extra help.

Visit your instructor during office hours and explain to him/her that you're having difficulty writing your papers
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:22 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• its an online class. and yea, i've gotten to choose my own topic. but (yea i'm the one asking all the questions about APA) it has to be in APA format.

I am so discouraged by it. 1500 words???? aaahhhhh
    Anonymous

• i loved my english 101... mine was ecology based... all about nature... we would go outside and do our work, all our papers were on like forests in danger or global warming things like that.... next time try to look for a class like that (with a topic)... i was not looking forward to english then i found that class...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 7:30 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• 1500 words isnt that many... what is the paper going to be about?
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 7:31 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• healthy eating habits in childrent -preventing obesity and all that.

There is a lot of info on it, like, family eating, and healthy snacks, and more education about food and stuff.
    But a lot of it is repeat information on every site
    Anonymous

• I got an A in all 4 of my college English classes that I had to take and loved it!

The thing that boosted me to try to do well in my classes was the fact that I paid for my classes myself. If you don't pass or do poorly, you have do to it over again (well, for my majors I would have had to repeat classes that scored anything under a "C") and that was motivation enough for me to do my best lol. You can do it. Pick a topic that you're passionate about and go with it.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 7:36 PM on Mar. 30, 2009