health/grooming kit or buy seperately?

iv read reviews on "target" and "babies r us" on all their health/grooming kits, and on every one of them at least 2 items in the kits got bad reviews. (usually the thermometer, nose syringe, or clippers)
so im wondering if i should buy each item (that is usually in a kit) seperately.
any comments or advice will help, thanks.

piercedmomma412

Asked by piercedmomma412 at 7:22 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• u can do wut i did- buy the kit and wutever u dont like replace- because some of the things are great to have- but the nose aspirator usually does suck! (well actually it doesnt and thats the problem lol) and the thermometers usually take forever to read! i love the vicks quick read thermometer! its flexible so it doesnt hurt for anal readings and it reads within 7 seconds- its great! lol- but other than that the rest of the things are great!
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 7:35 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• sorry but im laughing because i just read over my answer and for some reason i pictured myself being hopped up on coffee! lol- sorry if i seem a bit overly cheerful! lol
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 7:37 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• lol, especially because you're excited about the quality of anal readings! lol.
    I'm glad you asked this though - I put the kit on my baby shower registry... I might take it off. I did put the bath kit on there though... That should still be good right?
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 8:23 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I'd say buy seperately and buy one of the Graco battery operated nasal asperators. That thing is amazing. I got mine from Babies R Us for $20 and it is a life saver!
    anglgrl03

Answer by anglgrl03 at 8:39 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• We still have the thermometer from the hospital that we use. And then we got a pair of safety first nail clippers that we still use. But for the most part I agree that the grooming kits are normally crappy. I would get seperates and just talk to other moms about which ones to get. Oh, and I never really used the nasal asperators, but I did use the hospital one the one or two times that I did use it. So for sure keep the things you get from the hospital and if you need anything, once again, ask around.
    bmotterbacher

Answer by bmotterbacher at 9:23 PM on Mar. 30, 2009