When do you take a pregnancy test?

I took a pregnancy test and it was negative, but I was convinced I am pregnant. I haven't had a period in 2 or 3 weeks. Should I take another test in a week or two?

Littlejem

Asked by Littlejem at 7:25 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Some pregnancy tests guarantee that they can tell if you're pregnant the first day of your missed period. Pregnancy tests are based on hcg (hormone) levels in your urine though. Medical personnel usually recommend to wait until 1 week after your missed period. Your pregnancy hcg levels practically double every day your pregnant for the first month... If you don't have regular periods wait at least a week after probably conception date
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 8:21 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Do you mean you are 2 or 3 weeks late?
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 7:37 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• no not late yet
    Littlejem

Answer by Littlejem at 8:00 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Wait until your period is actually late, do your test first thing in the morning, the hormones are more consentrated then
    Anonymous

• Or you could wait until the day your period is due and test that morning with an early test. Good Luck!!
    BigMomo

Answer by BigMomo at 8:09 PM on Mar. 30, 2009