• In the Spotlight:

OK- 9 year old boy....

shower or bath to be clean?? Not to relax, to be clean.............

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:51 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• shower
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 7:52 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Shower... my 9 year old just started taking showers.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 7:53 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Whatever he wants.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:53 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Shower with a time limit.
    jonosmama

Answer by jonosmama at 7:55 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• My 12 year old takes a long shower to relax and get clean. I've never really tried to limit, it's something he enjoys and our bill isn't outrageous.

hdb

Answer by hdb at 8:03 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I let make my children ages 8 and 4 take a shower to wash everything and then let them take a bath, only after they are clean.
    three-for-now

Answer by three-for-now at 8:05 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Shower. I don't think anyone can really be clean with a bath.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 8:13 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• shower... i cant wait till my son is old enough to shower... i think baths are dirty, your just sitting in dirty water...eww.. i only take a bath to relax
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 8:48 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• At my mom's house my boys (12, 10) like to shower. Unfortunately here at home we have a older house that only has a bath tub. What I don't like about the bath is the kids tend to slop water all over, and linger in there playing when they are supposed to be getting finished and into bed.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:50 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Have him shower, but if you are still concerned about him being actually "clean" then have him take a bath once a week.
    Until he gets used to washing and rinsing his hair thorouthly, you should check it after each shower and either do it yourself in the kitchen sink or send him back to the shower to re-rinse.
    I have to wash my youngest daughter's hair myself every other day because she doesn't do a good enough job of washing or rinsing. She loves the massaging motion I give her on her scalp, too, while I rub the shampoo in. Oh, she's 15. Every child is different.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:10 AM on Mar. 31, 2009