What do u do for your soon to be 2 year old for his birthday when you only have 50 dollars for a budget? i feel so depressed not being able to have a bigger budget. i'm clueless this year. any and all suggestions are much appreciated.

mommyjalomos

Asked by mommyjalomos at 7:59 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• mommy the good news is that your son at such a young age is more excited about the excitement of others about his birthday not that he's now 2!!! For presents, go to a dollar store and get stickers to decorate his special books that you might have already. Plus dollar stores usually have some great things to use as gifts. I did that to pottytrain my daughter as incentives. It worked really well. Plus you can put aside two or three dollars into envelopes and tell your son they are presents for ice cream cones for when the warmer weather is here soon. You can also get seat covers for a special ride on toy that he might have already to spiff up more and surprise him. He's really young and really will get excited because of every one else's excitement. Honest!!
    Anonymous

• dollar store! my whole baby shower was done there. Remember he is two he will not remember. get a few plates, forks, cups,deorections, juice box and a cake. you can so do this on $50.
    three-for-now

Answer by three-for-now at 8:01 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• dollar store!!!!!!!! Make everything as much as possible even the cake! I did it for my son's first birthday it was a bug theme
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 8:01 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• He would be just as happy with a box.. I am telling you. Don't worry about it. Just wrap up a dollar store item and I am sure his psyche won't be too seriously damaged.
    Anonymous

• Maybe use that money to buy a small gift, call people and invite them instead of invitations, and have it at a buffet restaurant where people can buy their own meals. I think it would save a lot of money. We're doing something similar to that for our daughter's 1 year soon.
    Haidens_Mama

Answer by Haidens_Mama at 8:02 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I would just do a homemade cake and some ice cream. A couple 2-liters of pop, dollar store cups and plates...maybe a pack of streamers or balloons, and spend the rest of the money on one or two decent presents. It really is a workable budget...you'll be fine, and keep in mind that you're probably not the only one buying him presents, so don't worry.

Oh, and another thing I do is if I have bought outfits for the next size up, I give them to my kids as presents for their birthday...so if you have anything put up, get it out and wrap it up!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:09 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Dollar store is great. I'm probably going to end up doing something like this for my sons birthday. He'll be three. Your son will be more happy that there's other kids, and a cake, and ice cream, than expensive presents and such. You'll be fine. And maybe do something special for him on the side after the party, or the next day. Like Chuck E Cheese, if you have that in your area. I'm almost positive it's free, and he'll just play in the ball pit and stuff anyways. =] Good luck.
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 8:25 PM on Mar. 30, 2009