do you have a friend your jealous of?

I do and I hate hate hate that im jealous of her b.c i know I should be happy for her im kind of sick of being happy for her. I got A's she got Apluses her parents could afford to send her to college mine couldnt NOW I have family (close family) who live in japan who have not even seen my baby in fact not one person from my or my husbands family has seen our baby no baby shower nothings guess who gets to go to japan my friend who has literally no reason to be there. am I the only one like this? im just so sick of being happy for her (sorry for the grammar issues)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:59 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• I am jealous and annoyed with my friend. Her family is wealthy, and will give her and her family whatever she needs or wants. SHe doesn't work, but is going to school, her hudband works a part time min. wage job because he doesn't want to get anything better. They live in a four bedroom house, but only have two kids, and it's all free for them. They are always taken care of and have whatever they want, yet they don't work for it. They have everything my family wants and more, but will never have.
    Anonymous

• My friend Bobbi and I are both sopranos. We sing in the choir. While I have a better vocal range and clearer voice, she has stronger lungs, and can hold notes longer than I can right now. She has a peaches and cream complexion, and perfect straight white teeth. Her husband works at Delphi, so they have all the comforts and luxuries that I would love to have.I can't help being jealous of her , even though I know I have talents and gifts as well. It just seems like her life is so much easier.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 8:13 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• i hate sounding like a bitch but the japan thing made me cry .out of all the places inthe world why did she pick there? knowing how heartbroken i am.I dont expect her ot change her life over me but i feltp unched inthe gut
    Anonymous

• i have a beautiful baby the first grandchild on both sides and noone wil lget to see him as a baby
    Anonymous

• No, I am happy with my life and when my friends have good fortune I am even happier because I rejoice with them in their good fortune.

Answer by Bmat at 8:25 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Yes but I've only known her for a few weeks so I'm not real close to her yet but everything I do know of her I am jealous of. We got to talking a few days ago and I told her somethings about me and do you know what her response was? She said "God, I wish I had your life!" And I could say nothing but no no no no no! Of course, she doesn't know my whole story and I don't know hers. But that's exactly why I try not to be jealous of people. It may look so nice on the outside, but you may never know what really goes on. Some people are really good at keeping things to themselves.
    Anonymous

• No, there's no one I am jealous of. I have a friend who told me once that she was jealous of me at one time because I was married, I was a SAHM and we lived comfortably while she was a single, working mom who sstruggled. I never flaunted what we had in her face, I don't do that, but she was jealous any way. It hurt me a lot to know that she was jealous of me. She is now married and is able to be a SAHM and has apoligized to me for ever being jealous. I do understand your hurt feelings with her going to Japan, especially since she has no family there and you do, but otherwise, I don't think you should be jealous of her. Jealousy is a wasted emotion that will eat at your heart and make you bitter. ((((HUGS)))
    Anonymous

• I can honestly say not now, but there was a time I think I have more of my friends jealous of me now.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 9:18 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Used to be, not now =]
    kylesboo

Answer by kylesboo at 9:19 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I get jealous of people at certain times but I try to keep in mind that the things they have that I want might make me happy to have, but that doesn't mean it's making them happy. Just because it seems like life is easier for them, doesn't mean it is.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 9:19 PM on Mar. 30, 2009