Husband

So I have been very grumpy and I think I have baby blues I get mad over little things and get mad at anyone and everyone like my husband says something to me and I flip and he dosen't say it meanly and after I freak out and him I relize I was wrong! I cry all the time. He told me I am to up tight and need to work again to get out of the house. what I think it is it I need to be on some kind of meds we have a month old baby and some nights she will sleep and then other nights she is up and it's really taking a toll on me. I really do not want to go back to work for one we can't afford day care or a babysitter and my g-mal babysitts but she has way to many kids and she is getting older and I'm not sure that I TRUST HER!!! I only was working part time and If I work part time again it would NOT be worth it for me to go back becasue I was only making 300.00 dollars every two wks. and day care is like 180.00 every wk. HELP!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:06 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How long since the baby was born?
    Anonymous

• The baby was born on 3-3-2009
    Anonymous

• Do you think maybe you have PPD (postpartum depression) When I described those things to my doc he said that's what it was. He gave me Zoloft and Im doing much better. There were times when I wanted to kill my DH. As far as the working thing goes. Fortunately, we decided before we even had DD that I would stay home. Because of that we took a $3000 a month loss b/c of my income. You really have to cut back on A LOT of things. I cna' tremember the last time we saw a movie or went out to dinner. But really, when you add up what daycare is, the cost of gas, doctor visits, b/c theyre always sick and things like that, it's really not worth it. Maybe you could work a day or two eveyr now and then when your DH is at home. (that's what I do) just to get out of the house and it seems to help also. good luck and just do what is best for you and your family. time really flies so don't stress and just enjoy your little one.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:11 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I know how you feel. It will get easier though. I stay at home and the first 3 months were really hard. First and foremost, if you think you have baby blues you should go to your doctor and maybe they can help you. Don't let it go. Also, try getting out of the house a little bit, visiting family and friends if you can. That helps tremendously. You also need some time to yourself, so see if someone can babysit for a little while while you take a nap or take a walk somewhere. Also, on your husband's days off work, see if he can watch the baby for a little or get up in the night with your baby that night so you can sleep. And, if you haven't already, try taking naps during the day with your baby. That helped me a lot. Don't worry about chores getting done around the house. They can be done later when you have more energy or a little help. Hang in there. It'll get better soon.
    Haidens_Mama

Answer by Haidens_Mama at 8:11 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Know that having a baby is very stressful on our bodies. Plus taking care of that new life with what our bodies went through to get it out is stressful. Plus dealing with a partner and others is stressful. Maybe what would help before going on meds is having your husband baby sit and do some night care. If your bf he can get baby for you, burp baby later, change baby. Don't let him off the hook entirely. I did that with my husband and it went into him never helping with the kids cause he was too tired. Your husband is your partner. He needs to partner with you now that he made a baby with you and give you free time like you give him. Libraries are great places, FREE!!, to go and sit comfy and unwind with a magazine while hubby bonds with baby or toddler even. Love your self. Give this a whirl then talk to docs about meds. You deserve time or yourself out of the house like your husband is randomly grateful to work.
    Anonymous

• How about getting out of the house with the baby? It's getting nicer out, you can go for walks, to a park, even to the grocery store. Getting OUT really helps with PPD, and if it's mild, you might not even need meds. Just someone to talk to, and being out of the house helps so much.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:21 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Depending on the company that you work for they either offer daycare or the latest thing that companies are doing are letting you bring you kids to work with you. Maybe something like that is available. But try going on a walk either outside or a mall if its too cold or hot outside. Getting out an being away from the house helps.
    amber_xo

Answer by amber_xo at 9:09 PM on Mar. 30, 2009