• In the Spotlight:

Great Depression 2

hopefully it will get better.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:13 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I hope so too.
    tambam75

Answer by tambam75 at 8:28 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Yeup... They always do.
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 8:35 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• yea really
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 8:57 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• It is a correction in the market - have faith, we will get there. :)
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 8:58 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I still do not believe we are in a depression. There is food, plentiful and available. Unemployment is high, but it's not at Depression levels yet. Times are hard, but I wonder what our basis for comparison is? What is the worst time you've ever lived through? Likely, economically, this is it.

In my area, there are jobs available, but no one wants them. Some of them pay really well. I know a guy that was laid off over Winter that wouldn't go for a job in my husband's call center- $15 an hour with awesome benefits and a ten dollar a month cell phone plan. didn't want to work behind a desk all day? Silly lazy a$$ man say what?

lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:10 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I find it funny that so many people are comparing this to a depression when they have never lived through a true depression.. Ask my grandparents who actually did live through it and see what they have to say...
    Anonymous

• Depression? You haven't sold your computer to buy food for your kids yet have you? I think tacking on words like "crisis" and "depression" are ridiculous and just stir up fear.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• lovingangels - where do you live? There are NO jobs where I live and if there are a couple, we have a very high applicant rate and huge competition. I know 'cause I just got laid off of my job and can't even secure employment with a freakin' McDonalds!
    TeensMom07

Answer by TeensMom07 at 7:04 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Still hiring here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Some are valid but sorry Americans have become big fat spoiled lazy a@@ people.Always some excuse as to why they can't this or why they can't that.This has been spreading more and more over the last several years.No wonder the biggest con man ever to run for presidency won so many just want easy street by way of taxing others to death and sabotaging this country.We screwed up when we allowed being on government assistence so accessible and people to live all kicked back and having luxeries while on the dole.There used to be a day when people busted their hinds to not get on gov dole now pffft it;s just no big deal "everybody else is so"
    The death of America is upon us
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Mar. 31, 2009