Pregnant and College Classes?

I found out I was pregnant the first week of this semester! So for a month and 3/4's I called in sick to work, didn't show up for classes, and just overall sat at home tired, sick, frustrated, emotional. I'm finally getting better and Spring Break just ended... but I only have a month and a week left! I feel so behind on my classes... Did any of you go through this? I'm seriously considering withdrawing this semester so I can salvage my grades and maybe get A's the next go-around. Any thoughts?

preggoandfat

Asked by preggoandfat at 8:27 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am in the same boat as you, currently BEGGING professors to let me make up some work. I also plan on going next semester, so I am looking around campus for baby friendly professors.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 8:39 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I found out I was pregnant during the last 4 weeks or so of a semester. I wasn't really sick, but just forced myself to finish up. I was really depressed because I didn't want a baby actually. Anyway, you can do it, just stick it out, and communicate with your teachers.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 8:34 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• i found out i was pregnant the week after classes started and finished that semester and took the next one off to have the baby and then i went back the next semester
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 8:36 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• If you're far behind talk to your professors and get their advice. If they think you should withdraw, then you probably should take their advice. BUT make sure you withdraw for medical reasons! It looks a lot better on your college transcript. Good luck!
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 9:25 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I went to college and worked full-time up until a month before my delivery when school ended, then went back to school 2 months after deliver to graduate
    Anonymous