For those of you with more than one ceserean...

I had my daughter via an emergency ceserean 11 months ago. I am now 5 weeks pregnant with my second child and he/she will also be delivered via ceserean. For those of you who have had more than one child via ceserean, I am curious to know what the differences are if any? More pain, longer or shorter recovery? Where is the incision made this time? Etc...Also, if you don't mind how was or is the second pregnancy different? Thanks everyone! :)

CarolinaQ

Asked by CarolinaQ at 8:37 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• all of my pregnancies were different. My first was an emergency cesarean and I was in and out and then finally under general anesthesia..
    so with my second being a scheduled one, I was more afraid and aware, I could smell flesh, feel tugging and pressure...it sucked.

I just want to point out something that is OT but I feel is important. If at all possible PLEASE try I vbac. I wish I would've known more about that when I got pregnant the second time. It is dangerous to have repeat cesareans. During my 3rd pregnancy 5 days before my scheduled cesarean to have my baby girl, my uterus ruptured and she died.
    Please consider all of your options (if you haven't already) especially if you want many children.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 8:43 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I've had 3. My first was also an emergency c-section. The next two were scheduled. The scheduled ones were much easier recoveries for me!

All 3 of my pregnancies were pretty uneventful. My 1st and 2nd are 3 1/2 years apart and my 2nd and 3rd are 17 months apart. I was a little nervous about how my scar would do with my 3rd, since I got pregnant so soon, but it was fine :-)

And they went over the same incision site all 3 times for me.
    SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 8:45 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I've had three c-sections. It got easier with each one and they cut the same incision open each time. The scar is almost non-existent and I never had any complications. The key is to get up and moving ASAP just don't strain yourself. You'll heal up quickly and feel great if you do. You'll have to do plenty of Ab strengthening excercises to get your muscles firm and tight again, but that is to be expected either way.
    lilhoney

Answer by lilhoney at 10:51 PM on Mar. 30, 2009