What do YOU think a "mom" should wear?

Whats your style like? Do you feel like there are some things mothers (young and old) should never wear in public?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:39 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• a mother can wear anything she pleases INCLUDING her pj's if she wants to......
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 8:47 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Just don't wear your pj's in public and you are and will be just dandy!
    Anonymous

• Perhaps my statement shouldn't be just for moms but for women in general, no matter what the age. I'm sick to death of seeing women in shirts that are way to short and way to tight for their figures. I can't tell you how many women especially black women - now before you get all upset I'm black and I'm just tellin it like it is; a lot of the younger ones and not just teens either quite a bit of older ones who know better with the shirt that rides up on them and their guts are falling out from underneath. It's like they went shopping with their smaller friends to Hollister or Old Navy and they all wanted to get the same shirt but the bigger girl noticed they ran out of her size and figured she could get away with a smaller size. I think the cashiers should say "Hell to the NAW". It's nothing wrong with buying clothes that fit, guess what??? they make really cute plus size clothes - try buying some!
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 8:51 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I usually wear sweats when i'm at home...
    I usually wear jeans and a nice shirt to go shopping, errands, out to eat, appointments...
    I get dressed up in skirts, dresses or black dress pants to go out on dates w/my hubby...
    I don't care what other people wear out in public...But, to be honest black leggings are not for everyone. lol
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 8:51 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• What ever makes them happy unless it is bordering on vulgarity.

Anonymous

• Don't wear your bath robe or go out with a tank top and no bra so your boobs hang out the side and shorts falling off your a$$. In other words don't dress imbarrassing like my mom.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 8:55 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I always try to dress in a classy style. If I wear jeans, I always make sure they fit well but aren't so tight that they kill me while I am driving. I want my kids to be able to be proud to point me out in a crowd and say,"There's my mom" without having to be embarrassed or ashamed. You can look very attractive without having to flash everything you've got. So I usually wear jeans, a nice blouse and a blazer, or a nice sweater and jeans. Even if I'm wearing my cowgirl boots, I try to dress with class and style.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 8:56 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Oh, just thought I'd point out that I'm also a woman that's 5'9 1/2 and I'm a size 18 and I find cute stuff all the time. However, I might be a size 18 but because of my height I look like I'm about a 14 but none the less there are cute clothes out there for us and they can be found at some (notice I said some) of the same stores all of your skinny friends shop at. I love Old Navy, Target, Gap Outlet and the like. But for heaven sakes stop going to Hollister, Limited, Express, Victoria's Secrets (hint...your friend Vicki told on ya ass long time ago).

I'm sick of seeing moms in full blown track suits; I mean running after your toddler is a workout but you're not training for the Olympics for god sakes.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 8:59 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• My SO says i dress way too sexy to be a mother of two. Im like do you want me to dress like a old maid or something? I don't show my breast and have my backside out but I do flaunt my figure and I looooove to wear high heels. When my daughter tells me to go change than I know something is wrong.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 8:59 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• For myself I wear jeans or capri's and if the weathers nice a tank, or blouse; if the weather is cold I wear a long-sleeved blouse or a sweater, or I will layer and wear a blouse under something. These are things I feel comfortable wearing in public, in private I wear my sweats or my p.j.'s, but I was raised to look at least semi-decent when out. I could care less what others wear, I would prefer that the clothes fit (some people try to wear things either too baggy or too tight), and it not look hooker like (I don't need to know what kind of underwear... or worse what kind you're not wearing).

Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 9:58 PM on Mar. 30, 2009