Would you donate your childs organs to help save another child if your child had no brain activity?

My neighbor did; it was a hard choice at first

Yellowrose9

Asked by Yellowrose9 at 8:51 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Health

• I have always said I would,my children,are grown now 17 and 20,but both want their organs donated,and I would ,when they were small.I would want my child to go on living through another,child.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 8:54 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I say yes now, but in the moment I am not sure I could. I would like to think I would make the right choice and help someone else out, but it would be so hard to think about your child torn apart. Bless her for helping others.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 8:52 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I would say yes, but I hope I am not in that position--thank your neighbor. She took a loss and made someone else have hope and a better life.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 8:54 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I know I would, without a doubt. It wouldn't be an instant choice, I would have to think about it and hold my son. I would want a second and third and maybe fourth opinion, BUT ultimately I know my son would want to help other children who needed him.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 8:55 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• In a heartbeat. I wouldn't want anyone else to go through the loss of a child if I could prevent it.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 9:11 PM on Mar. 30, 2009