What's the best way to lose that extra skin & love handles?

Asked by icca_21 at 12:04 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• Diet and exercise! You've got to invest time into your diet and you HAVE to strength train if you wanna see a difference.

Answer by Britevylet at 12:11 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Weight watchers is great for losing weight! They have an awesome program! And going to the gym to tone everything up, if you want a tight body it's not gonna appear while you watching tv, lol

Answer by renajennjenn at 12:46 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I'm not sure extra skin can disappear with diet and exercise. I believe a doctor would have to remove that for you. Love handles can be reduced by exercise but remember that you cannot spot reduce. Weight is gained/distributed all over the body and that is how it will leave as well. So don't give up on working at it when you don't see results quickly in one specific area. I would work on body sculpting and stretches myself. When doing Callenetics years ago I heard Callen Pinkney say that Sometimes you can redistribute (if that is the correct term) fat through exercise to give an illusion of a more proportionate body. (*paraphrased) In other words you don't lose weight but it all looks better on your body! Not sure if that's true but I did get lots of compliments about looking better but was not losing weight at the time.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:24 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I like Physicians Weight Loss Center. Great program and I also walk and swim. Good Luck!

Answer by FAHTMOM at 2:10 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Run little by little with an extra bit,and cut diwn on greese,fatty,sweet,fry,salsa and love to dance and express your body...

Answer by LUANAVOI at 5:14 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• If your lazy like me and don't like to workout what I do is jump rope. Its quick and it works. I jump a little in the morning (about 100 times) and again at night also I dont eat after 6! That really helped me. I lost 10 pounds in a little over a week! Also when I'm watching tv or just sitting, Ill tighten a part of my body like flex my arms as tight as I can and hold it for 30 seconds and release. i do that about 5 times for each body part I want to work on and it does help tighten loose skin. worked for that stomach pooch

Answer by maxx at 2:05 AM on Jun. 21, 2008