Marine Wife

My husband is in the marines and he resently got called back to service in Iraq for a 6 month stay. I'm afraid of what he'll miss when he is gone, but also with a set of quads i'm afraid of how I will hold up with 4 babies under the age of 1. Any ideas of how to handle this hard situation???

amber_xo

Asked by amber_xo at 9:16 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• Aw hon I'm so sorry. I will be praying for your hubbys protection, and that you will stay strong.
    I am not sure what I'd do, I'd have to be in that situation, take one day at a time. Good luck
    kylesboo

Answer by kylesboo at 9:18 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• have a strong support system and take things one day at a time. Be grateful that it is only 6 months.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 9:21 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I was a military wife and they had the FSG(family support group). Do you have something like that in the marine "family"? I'm sure that their are some wives who would be willing to help you during this deployment. Do you have a church or spiritual support group you can turn to?

the best thing is not to overwhelm yourself overthinking this. Be sure when the babies nap, you nap. And also make sure you take time for yourself. When they go to bed for the evening, light some candles put on some music and read a book, eat some chocolates, Spa time! LOL Paint your nails, do something for you. And keep in touch with friends. I don't know if you have met alot of people where you are, but maybe one day for one hour a week you can ask a friend if they can watch the kids with another friend and just get out and go shopping or to the park even if there isn't a type of FSG available(i'm sure there is though).
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 10:09 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Was he recalled or reserve called to active? The deployments are still running 7 months as far as I know. Make sure you get all his info (address, command) stuff ahead of time in case there are any issues--assuming you aren't moving near base. You will also want to get the Key Wives info so you can stay in contact and be somewhat in the loop. You also want to have his will and power of attorney up to date. Take lots of pictures & videos so he won't "miss" so much. Is there any family/friends that can help you with the babies? Not sure if you're due or already have them, but you might get Tricare to pay for delivery costs since he's going back. Send lots of packages & letters. You can also join some online support groups if there are no other Marine wives in the area.  Good luck, Semper Fi.

RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 7:52 AM on Mar. 31, 2009