My ankels are so swollen,,,,,,

its making me crazy. I know its normal, but my question is this. Is it best to prop your feet w/ pillows to keep them elevated to help the swelling go down, or are you just better off being off of them? I'm looking for the best way to get the swelling to go down. Its killing me. Thanks!

Tiffany237

Asked by Tiffany237 at 9:19 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• lots of water, feet up, at least lvl with your body (like in a recliner), monitor salt/sodium intake. vit. b6.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 9:22 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• oh and cold compresses can help.
    celticreverie

• Put your feet up often and sleep with your legs propped up on pillows. Also try standing neck deep in a swimming pool for 30 mins a day if possible.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 9:24 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• i was told to drink lots of water and lay on the floor with ur feet proped up on the couch.. that high..
    1sttymmom409

Answer by 1sttymmom409 at 9:24 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• two weeks ago i had my feet looking like fiona's LOL and it was because i was eating too much salt and walking a lot, and what i did is drink a lot of water everyday and after cleaning the house i lay in bed with lots of pillows to sit up and just put my legs straight. until now i havent had my feet swollen, oh and also i cutted on salty foods
    maryfer

Answer by maryfer at 9:24 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I had the most horrible swollen feet during my pregnancy. http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh242/Pridefulpain/Picture153.jpg I dealt with this for the last month and a half of pregnancy. Increase your fluid intake and monitor salt. DO NOT cut all salt from your diet though because your body uses it to help flush the water through. Doing stretches (light yoga stretches) helped me quite a bit but I didn't figure it out until the last couple days of pregnancy. Go figure eh?
    Lilbeamercomin

Answer by Lilbeamercomin at 11:46 PM on Mar. 30, 2009