Could this be labor?

Well it all began on Saturday when I lost my Mucous Plug around 1pm. This was after I had been suffering severe cramping that morning and afternoon. So I waited things out and that evening the pain was so intense I went up to L&D per the doctors advice. (I'm only 34 weeks) well 35 if you go by ultrasound. But anyway they monitored me and sure enough I was having contractions along with my Irritable uterus that were showing up on the monitor every 2-5 minutes. They checked me and I was "Soft" and 1 cm dialated. So they gave me a shot for pain and sent me home because they couldn't do anything else for me considering the circumstances and my contractions also slowed down. So today is Monday and all day I have been progressivly getting worse and worse contractions all day. I really don't want to go to the hospital for nothing and am kind of just waiting things out to see if the contractions get more intense.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:27 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• This is what the nurses tell me so I will pass it on to you.....

Drink plenty of fluids and lie down on your side. If the pain doesnt go away after an hour then go to the LD floor and have them hook you up to the monitors. If they do go away then you know it was false labor. Good luck!
    xol0velypink

Answer by xol0velypink at 9:29 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• How bad and how far apart are your contractions.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 9:30 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Its crazy but alot of woman get the one months scare you will feel like you are ready to give birth have all the symtoms but if you count the day you wont untill one months after .I was there and i was very scared .My gram told me to take Warm Baths when your baby is ready to come out you will know .Threw out the months you will have on and off contractions and you will start to dialate also .Its very scary if any doubts go to ER and make shur your baby is fine .IS YOUR BABY MOVING ALOT .That can stress your body and give you pains that may feel like contractions
    hush84

Answer by hush84 at 10:25 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Take a bath and drink some water to help relieve the contractions. With both of my pregnancys I would get contractions every three minutes every day for the last month or two and laying in a warm bath was the only thing that would soothe me. The cramps that you are having sound like they are contractions. Because you are only one centameter dialated I don't think that you are going to have the baby today even though you could, anything is posible.
    JenFunSniffer

Answer by JenFunSniffer at 3:35 AM on Mar. 31, 2009