My grandaughter is 18 months old and is in need of her first haircut. She has a lot of hair and barrettes don't keep it from hanging in her eyes because her hair is so baby fine. Her mom has tried to trim up her hair around her face, but my grand daughter is VERY active and won't sit still for a real haircut! Lots of moving and screaming. Any suggestions for a first haircut?

choclvr01

Asked by choclvr01 at 9:29 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Trim while she is sleeping:-)
    Anonymous

• I cut my kids hair all the time myself they are 1 1/2 and 3 1/2 I tell them if they sit very still I will give them a treat. If they don't they will get cut and I take a peice of paper and show them what the scissors can do. So they always sit still for me. However I knew some one who had to always have some one hold the kids head still which you may have to do.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 9:34 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Have mom  take her when she gets a hair cut so she can see how it works (Have mom use the word fun when she get her own haircut).  Talk alot about haircut to prepare her and get some books on the first haircut to read over and over so she gets the idea. There are some cute books at   http://www.cjkidz.com/parentsgrandparentsteachers.html  Click on the first haircut link.  Good luck.

momjs

Answer by momjs at 9:38 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• When mom cuts her hair take little one with her and the first hair cute ussually is allowed on the mom's lap to help the little one relax
    hush84

Answer by hush84 at 10:12 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• LOl... I would take my son to the prk when he should be napping, then drive around and do my errands, he would always fall asleep and be out! then i would take him in and sit him on my lap and just hold him up. the girls thought it was so funny because he was totally out i could move him all around and he never woke up:)
    muzikgrl477

Answer by muzikgrl477 at 10:38 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I just took my 2 1/2 year old in for her first hair cut and shes a very active little girl but sat still with a little coaxing from me and she did really good and let the woman cut her hair. i also let her sit on my lap for a bit but she did better when I put her in the chair by herself because she thought she was a big girl
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 11:14 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• My son is almost 18 months and just had his first hair cut. We went to a salon geared towards children Snip-its.  They were great.  They have toys, videos, patient stylists, little chairs with seat belts.  He did great.  We had to help hold his head a couple times but for the most part the stylist just moved with him.  For a couple bucks more you can get a pic & certificate for the first hair cut. 

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 4:00 PM on Mar. 31, 2009