How did my post get erased??

I just spent an hour working on a post and all of a sudden I looked up & it just went off my screen - poof! I know it was long -- if you go over your allotted characters does it automatically erase it? I was just really venting and got carried away! Please let me know if you think this is what happened. I really needed some advice!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• why not try posting your 'vent' in a group post? i'm not sure what the character limit is, but i know they allow more than here in the Q&A section.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:37 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I did and that's where it happened! I just couldn't believe it!
    Anonymous

• No, going over the limit doesn't erase it, it just refuses to type anymore. I haven't figured it out but I know there is something I hit on my computer that backs the page up and everything I've just typed is gone. I don't know what it is, but I think it must be the space bar as well as some other key. I suspect this is what happened to you.

Answer by Bmat at 9:47 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• It might be a good idea when you spend a lot of time on a post to save it on your clipboard a couple times while typing- right click your mouse, click select all, click copy. then if it vanishes, right click and click paste. Something else I do when I spend a lot of time on a post is to write it into a Word document, then I can copy and paste it right into the post form.

Answer by Bmat at 9:50 PM on Mar. 30, 2009