What are ways to speed up your contraction safely and naturally at home?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Do this and i guaruntee u will be in the hospital by the morning! Give yourself an enema. Trust me this works! I did it, and 5 hours later my water broke. A friend of mine who is a RN in Labor and Delivery told me to do it. Plus you wont poop on the table while your pushing. :)
    Good Luck!
    AvasMommy0115

Answer by AvasMommy0115 at 10:17 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Walking is supposed to help speed it up. Other than that I'm really not sure. Check out pregnancy.com, maybe they have some articles on there that will have some suggestions!!
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 9:47 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• i heard that walking and drinking raspberry leaf tea, also sex and nipple stimulation but checkout a pregnancy website to make sure your doing it the safe way
    bubbleburst1

Answer by bubbleburst1 at 9:53 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• This may sound dumb but what is an enema and you said garanteed by morning that is awesome thanks!!!
    Anonymous

• Lots of things can give you more contractions but wont help you dialate so you will just be getting painful Braxton Hicks contractions with nothing to show for it.
    If you want to dialate then have sex. Sperm has a hormone called prolactin that will help dialate if you are having contractions. That is the only natural thing that will help you dialate.

I wouldn't do an at home enema. It just sounds like too much cleaning for a pregnant lady.
    JenFunSniffer

Answer by JenFunSniffer at 3:15 AM on Mar. 31, 2009