Cloth diapers and electric washer and dryer: cost of laundry???

I've already asked once, but either I wasn't clear or nobody knows the answer.
I'll even ask in several categories this time, and narrow down and modify the question...hopefully someone, somewhere can give me an answer.

For moms that use cloth diapers and have electric washer/dryer: How much did your electric bill go up after you started using cloth diapers? Are we talking a $10 a month increase? $20? Or higher?

PROGENITOR

Asked by PROGENITOR at 9:38 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• I am not exactly sure, but i think it is definitly cheaper to use cloth than disposable. It is also a lot better for the enviroment!! If you can do it... Go for it!!
    muzikgrl477

Answer by muzikgrl477 at 10:26 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I didn't even notice a difference in our monthly bill. We switched to cloth right as our electricity was going up due to the electric company's rate hike. It was still way cheaper to cloth diaper. Also to save money dry them on the line, it is good for getting rid of stains and they smell sooo fresh.
    Good luck with your choice.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:09 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I didn't use cloth, but I doubt they would make your electric bill go up. You will do laundry anyway. They are just more time-consuming. I couldn't do it, but I respect those who can!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:00 PM on Mar. 31, 2009