Do you ever feel unappreciated??

I take very good care of my boyfriend ( the father of my daughter) I mean I do anything and everything to make him happy. I cook dinner every night, bring him his plate and glass of milk, do the dishes, the laundry, bathe my daughter, clip his toenails and nails, lay his work clothes out for him, I feel like he is just another child of mine. No romance anymore. This has been going on for the past 3 years we have been together for 4... Every night like clockwork he falls asleep in the recliner in the livingroom, and I end up going to a cold bed all by myself. I have spoken to him about this several times, and it doesn't change! :( Maybe I am doing too much catering to him? What do you all think about this situation??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• I did the same thing with my so and am regretting it. He is spoiled rotten. I do feel its my fault for spoiling him so bad in the beginning but he appreciated it in the beginning, now he just expects it. What I have been doing is -doing less and less of the things I did before. I don't bring him his coffee anymore, i don't make his plate at dinner and bring it to him anymore. I let him know I am doing laundry and tell him to bring his clothes into the laundry room if he has anything he needs washed (I usually have to pick them off the bedroom floor)He is pouting about it and acting like a child but I just decided one day that he isn't taking care of my needs so why should I keep taking care of his? He still isn't giving in as far as sex or doing anything for me but I feel better that I am not being as used as I was. Good luck.
    nannabart

Answer by nannabart at 9:53 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Yes, I would feel unappreciated as well. Maybe if you start focusing more on yourself and less on him he will get the picture,.
    Yellowrose9

Answer by Yellowrose9 at 9:49 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I know the feeling. Seems like the more you do for them the less they appreciate you. This may sound cold, but you need to put a stop being a stepford wife and be more assertive. You're treating him like his mother, and what man is really attracted to his mother?? seriously. I stopped being the nice little housewife/significant other after I just got sick of the way i was being treated. I'm NOT his mother. and although I personally am still unsure about whether i want to stay or go, he's complimenting me more and we seem to get along a lot better. Also, some men like women who are "bossier" and self assured of themselves vs the "do-gooder".

As far as clipping his toenails, you need to draw the line there! No way would i do that! That's being a servant, not an equal. Men don't like to talk about feelings, so just be more assertive and if he doesn't change, maybe it's time to rethink the relationship. Good Luck.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 9:54 PM on Mar. 30, 2009