Dirty Looks

So I have a set of quads that are 23 weeks old. I'm 24, almost 25, and I've always looked a lot younger. I still get carded for spray paint (have to be 18 to buy) and whenever I take the babies out somewhere I always get really nasty looks from people. People have actually said things really hurtful things that make me doubt myself as a mother. And to make things worse. My husband has always looked a lot older. We are only a year apart but when we all go out together we get the weirdest reactions. And he always is reminding me that I'm a great mom and that they are judging because they don't know.. but it's getting really frustrating. And is there anything that help anyone else to remind yourself that your a good mother and other people are just rude?

amber_xo

Asked by amber_xo at 9:47 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• Look I understand you completely I'm 23 my hubby is six mnths younger yet he looks older. I look maybe 16 unless I dress up and do my make up. He looks at least late 20's. People are just very hurtful, mean, and disrespectful. Usually because they want to feel better about them selves. Lat me ask you this though Do your kids have what they need? Do you do every thing with in your power to make sure they are taken care of the best they could be? Are they happy and healthy? If you answered yes to these then you are the best mom you can be. People are stereotypycal and judge on age and looks. Which is not right!!! Know this though I'm sure if they got to know you they would love you. So it's their loss not yours They are missing out not you. I hope this helps. Don't let them get you down sweetie that's why they do it. It seems to give them a sense of achievement.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 9:57 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Just remember that the Court Of Public Opinion has NO jurisdiction in your life. Only ONE opinion that matters, ever...that of the woman you see in your mirror every day. Nobody else matters.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:07 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Diamante's answer, wow!...that's a good one!

I just wanted to say that I get the same reaction when I tell people i meet at work how many kids I have. I look young for my age(depending on if i'm wearing makeup or not LOL). They don't know you, so it doesn't matter what they think. And even if they DID know you, I wouldn't want to be friends with someone who is so judgemental. Enjoy your kids and hubby and next time people stare or ask rude questions or make a rude statement just ignore them. If they just won't stop or want to badger you with questions tell them to talk to your lawyer. LOLLLLLLLL They don't need to know it's none of their business.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 2:16 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• You just have to ignore people like that, never doubt that your a good mom because of what some stupid person says.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:37 AM on Mar. 31, 2009