• In the Spotlight:

Should I be upset??

My daughter daddy, my boyfriend works 6 days a week and is off on Sundays. Every Sunday I end up doing things with my daughter while he is hanging out with his buddies. I have talked to him about this, and he thinks that I am over reacting, I do daycare so I am with my daughter 24/7 and also watching 7 other kids. He doesn't get off till 7 or 8 every day and she is usually in bed by 8:30. I feel like she isn't getting enough daddy time, and I don't understand how he thinks that he gives her adequate attention. Anyone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:49 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• umm ya! i would b pist .. i fail to understand how making time 4 his buddies s a priority rather than spending time with his daughter my bf is not the the biological dad to my children n works 12 hr shifts n stil makes time to spend w my babies... how old is ur daughter? but regardless the age he needs to realize how precious time with her is. they grow so fast n u cant take that time back... good luck
    SXYmami7

Answer by SXYmami7 at 10:02 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• He words 6 days a week until 7 or 8? What time does he go to work? If he goes as early as 8 in the morning he is working 72 hour weeks. What I am thinking is that he may go in later than 8 and so could spend time with her in the mornings. Would this work? Don't try to get him to give up his buddy time, this would make him resentful toward you. If he is putting in 72 hour weeks and doesn't have mornings open, then ask him if he'll spend part of Sundays with you and your daughter. Say Sunday morning, even. Make it a fun time, no stress, and he may actually start looking forward to it.

Answer by Bmat at 10:00 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• my daughter is 3. and she is starting to act negative toward her daddy. She does awful things just to get his attention. But normally she is a very nice girl. Just around him she acts this way. I think that since he doesn't give her any positive attention she does these things to get some sort of attention?? Not sure. And as for the other person who responded. He goes to work at 7am-7pm sometimes 8pm. yes it is a lot of hours and he needs buddy time. But I don't have any time for friends, I don't resent him...
    Anonymous