Just wondering.......

Does anyone on here believe in the holy spirit or holy ghost.....speaking in other tongues. I am pentecostal and I have been around it my whole life....Just wondering

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:50 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe in it but I don't think it's a gift everyone gets once they're saved like some pentacostals do. It's in the Bible that God will give certain gifts to certain people....we're not all going to get the same thing.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:53 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I used to attend a Pentcostal church until we caught our pastor telling someone to speak in tongues and telling someone else to interpret and what to tell the church was the interpretation. I have done some more study on tongues and now I believe it is the result of an evil spirit. The real gift of tongues is someone hearing the gospel in their own language when you are speaking in your own.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 9:58 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Good question! In the Bible it does talk of such things.
    I had a pentecostal friend. She was really nice.
    I went to her church and it kinda freaked me out by how intense it is.
    All in all it was a good time though.
    I can say I do believe in everything mentioned in you post.
    Anonymous

• I believe in it, but the one thing I don't like about the Pentacostal denomination is how they think that you have to speak in tongues immediately after you receive the holy ghost. They think that when you receive it you will speak in tongues. I know the very night I received it, I know when my friend received it, and my tongues didn't manifest for a few weeks, but I did feel intense desire to worship God when I got it. I just wanted more and more of his presence. I do believe you're suppose to manifest tongues eventually, or soon after you receive the H.S.
    Anonymous

• I belive in the Holy Spirit. I believe to some is given the gift of Speakg in Tongues. But I do not believe everyone has that gift or that having makes anyone more special or closer to God
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 10:31 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I believe in the Holy Spirit and the gift of speaking in tongues and believe it is available for anyone who wants it...but I don't believe by speaking in tongues is equivalent to being 'filled' with the Spirit *all* the time -I have seen plenty of people speak in tongues and live like the devil...and others who believe the gift(s) exist and are available but do not themselves speak in tongues and they definitely have characteristics of being filled with the Holy Spirit. The important part to me is getting to know the Holy Spirit everything else will be a byproduct of that.
    eminelson

Answer by eminelson at 10:39 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• The Holy Spirit is the Person of God. What happens in these pentecostal cults is blasphemy. By the way, why do you even bother if you don't believe in or know who the Holy Spirit is? You are yet in your sins and need to repent and believe on Christ Jesus for the forgiveness of your sins, you must be born again to see the Kingdom of God, Not speak in the tongues of demons and deluded liars~

lilhoney

Answer by lilhoney at 10:40 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• oh wow, lilhoney...assuming a bit, i think. pentecostal 'cults'?? 'blahsphemy'?? i'd have to agree with renee and kiter...not everyone has the same 'gifts' given when born again. some have the gift of discernment, some don't. some have the gift of prophesy, some don't...ect.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 10:50 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I am a christian and i don't believe in talking in tongues at all.

momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 11:04 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• yes i do it is in the bible so yes i believe it... WHen you have the holy spirit there is nothing like it... The best feeling ever
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:05 PM on Mar. 30, 2009