9 month old is fussy when we go shopping! Any tips?

My 9 month old daughter is always fussy when we go shopping. I can't seem to find anything interesting enough to entertain her for the duration of the trip. As quick as I try to be, it never seems to be quick enough for her. She winds up having a mini tantrum.

This also happens when I go out for a walk. I can't stay home all the time because I get bored and depressed.

Do any other moms experience this? How do YOU distract your babies so you can do your shopping, or take a walk?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son started doing that around that age too. He's almost a year now and still freaks out in the store once in a while, but I usually bring at least one toy with me and a bowl of cheerios or puffs or some sort of snack. Not sure if your daughter eats stuff like that but I suggest just bringing a couple of her favorite things.
    parkersmama08

Answer by parkersmama08 at 10:15 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I know someone who uses a mini dvd player with baby einstein movies while at the store, walking, in the car. she said it is the only thing that will calm him down.
    Anonymous

• I take snacks along with me and a mirror. That usually keeps my daughter entertained for the duration of the outting.
    Haidens_Mama

Answer by Haidens_Mama at 11:07 PM on Mar. 30, 2009