What is the difference between mocking and mimickin?

I hear the kids playing and I tried to correct them and my mind went blank I am sure it will come to me, only right I am having a brain fart...lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Mocking is pretending to be that person in a sarcastic way, and mimicking is copying word for word, I think...
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 10:01 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Yeah, I agree with AK.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:06 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Mimicking can also be mocking. Mimicking means you are doing the same as someone else. Mocking means you are being mean about the other person. being derisive. - such as if somebody sneezes and you roll your eyes in order to get laughs from others, you are mocking the sneezer. If somebody sneezes, and you pretend to sneeze the same way they did, then you are mimicking them. If you do it to be mean, you are also mocking them.

Answer by Bmat at 10:07 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• i consider mocking to be sarcastic mimicing.... while mimicing just copying what the other person is doing....
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 10:11 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

lol See, I am mimicing Juliansmommy, j/k

Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 10:25 PM on Mar. 30, 2009